- What's On
- Courses, Classes and Workshops
- News & Blogs
- Your Visit
- About Us
- Venue Hire
Sage One is our largest auditorium offering a stunning backdrop for any large scale event.
Capable of accommodating up to 1,700 guests split over three levels and designed to the highest specification of world class acoustics, its lighting and ceiling height can be adjusted to suit any conference or event.
Sage One has:
- raked seating
- an air flow system to fully control temperature
- soundproof translation and audio description booths
- a mechanical stage lift for stage reductions and extensions
- a computerised flying system
- space and acoustic variability.
Included in the hire rate of Sage One:
- 3 x large foyer areas wrapped around the external of the hall each with their own bar and toilet facilities. All foyers are set against a backdrop of sweeping views of the surrounding NewcastleGateshead Quayside including the Tyne Bridge and Gateshead Millennium Bridge. These areas are ideal for catering, networking and exhibition or posterboards.
- 7 x dressing rooms located backstage. These spaces are ideal as production offices, VIP speaker rooms or storage.
- 8 x meeting pods located on the foyers of levels 2 and 3 – these spaces are perfect for informal meetings and discussions.
- Front of house staff to marshal the doors of the hall for the duration of your event.
- A registration desk
The hall has been host to such large-scale events as the Labour and Conservative Party Spring Forums, National Union of Teachers conference and the BT AGM.